A family home in Montgomery County is a complete loss, after fire officials say that unattended cooking led to a massive fire, over Labor Day weekend.
Montgomery County Fire Marshal Jimmy Williams said that the fire started when the family left some items cooking and forgot about them.
“The homeowner was preparing to cook and went to a different part of the house and said they forgot about it,” he said. “It started in the kitchen and then spread into the rest of the home.”
The home, a large two-story home, is located on Johlke Lane near Decker Prarie Road.
Magnolia Fire Chief Gary Vincent said the fire spread quickly and they called in help from the Tomball and Rosehill fire departments.
Williams said the homeowners have insurance.